Werbung

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Nurnberger Rostbratwurst - Home production

Hello all,

I’m from Southeast Asia. I randomly found this forum when googling for Nurnberger-style sausage recipe. Since I don’t know German, my post will be in English and if it is not allowed here, please feel free to remove it. About me: I’m a totally newbie at making sausages, and I’m not a very good cook too. I just love German sausages, and all I do is keep reading about Bratwursts for months. I would love to make a homemade version of Nurnberger-style sausage as close as possible to the ogrininal ones.

After reading hundreds of online recipe: I came to conclusion that I’ll stick to these 2 basic ones as base recipe and modify it myself.

1st: Marianski’s recipe from meatsandsausages.com

Meats Metric US
    Lean pork: shoulder, belly, jowl meat 800 g 1.76 lb
    Pork fat: back fat, belly fat, jowl fat 200 g 0.44 lb
    Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
    Salt 18 g 3 tsp
    Pepper 2.0 g 1 tsp
    Marjoram 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Nutmeg 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Ginger 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Cardamom 0.3 g 1/8 tsp
    Lemon zest, grated 1.0 g 1/2 ts

Instructions
    1. Grind pork through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
    2. Grind fat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
    3. Mix ground meat with salt and spices.
    4. Add ground fat and mix all together.
    5. Stuff firmly into 22 - 24 mm sheep casings making 7-10 cm (3-4") links.
    6. Consume the same day or scald in water at 80° C (176° F) for 15 minutes. Refrigerate.
    7. Fry, bake or grill before serving.

2nd: Mr. Jürgen Huber base recipe for Grobe Bratwurst (Rezepte 2701) from some German sausage book? I don’t know ??

Material fur 100 kg
    40,0 kg S 2
    Schweinefleisch ohne Sehnen, mit maximal 5% sichtbarem Fett, roh

60,0 kg S 4 b
    Schweinebauch ohne Schwarte mit maximal 50% sichtbarem Fett, roh

oder:
    100,0 kgS 4
    Schweinebauch ohne Schwarte mit maximal 30% sichtbarem Fett, roh

Gewiirze und Zutaten je kg Masse
    18,0 g Kochsalz
    2,0 g Pfeffer
    1,0 g Mazis
    1,0 g Ingwer
    0,3 g Kardamom
    1,0 g Zitronenpulver

Herstellung
    Das gesamte Material wird durch die Erbsenscheibe gewolft und mit den Gewiirzen und Zutaten zu einer gut bindenden Masse geknetet.

Dirme
    200 Meter, 26/28
    Schweinedarme

Garzeit
    15 Minuten bei 65°C

Produktionsverlust
    5% in 24 Std.

Stiickgewicht
    100 g, im Strang abgedreht.

Since these two have the spice ingredients quite close to each other. I think I’ll stick to the Mariaski’s recipe for the ingredients list. About the base 1kg meat: I’m not good at eyeballing the visual fat in the meat, and I want to do the math absolutely accurate. So I decided to go for the most common 70 lean/30 fat ratio: 700g pork ham/pork loin - lean (max 5% fat), 300% pork back fat (100% fat). I use the pearson square and up with 33.5% total fat in the final sausage. My modify recipe as below:

Lean pork: ham meat/loin meat 700 g
    Pork fat: back fat 300 g
    Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
    Salt 18 g 3 tsp
    Pepper 2.0 g 1 tsp
    Marjoram 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Nutmeg 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Ginger 1.0 g 1/2 tsp
    Cardamom 0.3 g 1/8 tsp
    Lemon zest, grated 1.0 g 1/2 ts
    1. Cut the pork ham/pork loin and pork back fat into cubes.

2. Put the pork ham/pork loin and pork back fat to the freezer and chill until partially frozen, about 1-2 hour. The the meat grinder attachment and the mixing container should be put in the freezer too.
    1. Grind pork through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
    2. Grind fat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
    3. Mix ground meat with salt and spices.
    4. Add ground fat and mix all together until the meat mixture is super sticky. To test if it’s sticky enough, press a small patty of meat into palm. Hold palm out, facing down on the table. The meat should easily continue to stick to the palm. Mixing meat by hand raises its temperature and should be done as quickly as possible. It takes roughly about 5 minutes. The temperature of the sausage mix should be between 0-5º C (32-40º F). If this temperature increases, the sausage mix should be cooled down in a refrigerator before proceeding to the stuffing step.
    5. Stuff firmly into 22 - 24 mm sheep casings making 7-10 cm (3-4") links.
    6. Scald/poach in water at 80° C (176° F) for about 20 minutes (Marianski’s recipe calls for 15 minutes, but as I read in his book, “It is generally accepted that 10 minutes are needed for each 1 cm of the width (diameter) of the sausage”. And according to wiki the Nurnberger-style bratwurst should be around 20mm(2cm in diameter). Or check with a meat thermometer until the internal temperature of the sausage reach 71° C (160° F) for max safety and all you have to do after is browning the sausage on the pan/ the grill.
    7. Vacuum packing. Freezing.
    8. Fry, bake or grill before serving.

The reason I write down all of this is because I want it’s not just a hobby. Someday maybe I can sell the sausage to my neighbors and friends, or start a small business? (I know about PGI things..so if I’m selling the sausages, i would call it German Bratwurst - inspired by Nurnberger style Rostbrastwurst ?) Where I live it’s not that complicated for someone who want to start a sausage making business. You can do it without a large investment and don’t need all kinds of approval like in US or Europe.

I want to be as professional as possible right from the start, with just minimum equipment: a manuel meat grinder, a pistol sausage stuffer, a freezer, a small vacuum packing machine, with a very simple production process that someone not a expert like me can still do it, without failure.

So I need your help, please check my sausage making process and correct me if there is something wrong with it. I appriciate all of your help. Thank you.

I think I would change the lean/fat ratio to 750g/250g to archive a leaner sausage: about 28.75 fat.
    Image upload and sharing service. Easily upload images and get direct links for easy sharing.

Kommentar

Lädt...
    X
    Zum Seitenanfang